Photo Shoot: Levitation 101
There are so many reasons why our 12-day, 7-city trip to Turkey was amazing. One of the peripheral ones was inspired by Natsumi Hayashi, who takes amazing levitation photos and in 3D no less (find them here). During our cross-country trek across the diverse Turkish landscape, we decided to try our hand (and calves) at our own aerial moves.
So how did we do it? Simple simple simple:
1. Adjust your shutter speed to a high setting (1/500 sec +)
2. Make sure there is ample space in the frame to capture height
3. Flex your calves a few times for good measure
4, Think peaceful thoughts (my go-to: poppy fields, puppies and porky piglets)
5. Jump! Look relaxed! Keep your clothing, hair and butt from jiggling (too much)!
6. Take 4 or 5 photos in a row to have a few to select from
They are nowhere near as gravity defying, natural, fashionable or artistically composed as Natsumi’s shots but they sure were fun!